Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hurricane Update

I just wanted to give all of you an update on what my plans are. I am in the process of watching
the paths of both hurricanes and talking with churches in the areas from New Orleans to
Mobile that I have worked with in the past. If the path of Gustav continues it looks like I will
be going back to the gulf coast area. Although I am not certain of the exact location. That
will be decided when I know the extent of the damage in each area.

One thing I do know for sure is that we will be needing volunteers if you would like to come
and help please reply back and let me know so I can keep you informed on where we will
be located.

The following are the areas that Disaster Assistance will help with:

Spiritual Warriors to minister with the people affected.

Needs Analysis.

Food & Supply Distribution.

Meal Preparation.

Volunteer Coordination.

Local CoC Coordination.


Funding is also an area that we will need help with if you are willing and able to help us please

send to the following address.

Disaster Assistance
Alachua Church of Christ
P.O. Box 237
Alachua, Fl 32616


Please keep me and everyone who will be affected by these storms in your prayers.

No comments: